The Pack

Last-minute Valentine’s ideas

Not prepared? We've got your back

Back to Article
Back to Article

Last-minute Valentine’s ideas

Amelia Krueger, Staff Writer

Valentine’s Day is today, and not everyone is completely prepared. Whether you’re doing something fun with friends, having a date, or are just hanging out, Valentine’s Day can be a fun excuse to eat too much chocolate and show someone how much they mean to you. However, some of you may not be prepared so, here are some last minute ideas for gifts and things to do tomorrow.

1. If you don’t ‘know where to go for Valentine’s day, Tilt in downtown Louisville has fun arcade games, food, and a cool atmosphere. This is a cheap, fun, place to hang and have fun with your friends or valentine.

2. Homemade gifts are always adorable. Creating something from the heart shows that you really care. Making a crafty card takes almost no time at all, and can really mean alot to someone. Use colored pencils or markers, and write your favorite things about the person. If you really want to get creative, use colored tape, ribbon, and stickers to make pop out designs and decorations. Give the card to your valentine and add some Hershey kisses to really give it a Valentine’s day vibe.  

3. Buying a box of chocolates is classic and cute, but if you want to shake it up a bit, dip some strawberries in chocolate and decorate them. Take a quick trip to the store and pick up some strawberries and chocolate to melt. Dip the strawberries into the chocolate, let them dry, and arrange them into a cute decoration such as a heart.

4. Valentine’s Day can be a day for friends, as well. Get your friends together and binge watch rom-coms or classic Valentine’s day movies. Some classic favorites include Ten Things I Hate About You and The Notebook, or if you want to watch some movies with more elements than just romance, try Mama Mia or Clueless.

5. One more creative last minute gift is to make someone a playlist filled with all the songs that reminds you of them. Browse Youtube or Spotify for good songs that you think your valentine will enjoy. Choose a cute cover photo and title, and send it to them.